Hi guys, happy Monday! Today I woke up an hour late and had to rush around to get everything done that I wanted to before work. It may have been that I went to bed late-ish last night, but I think I’ll just blame it on my comfy new down comforter and duvet cover for keeping me in bed so stinkin’ late! 😉 Thankfully, I like to make breakfasts and lunches for the week on Sunday, so I didn’t actually have to miss breakfast this morning while I was running around!
I don’t know about you, but when I skip breakfast, my whole day is thrown off – that’s why I’m sharing with you guys my favorite breakfast meal prep recipe: Spinach and Sausage Quiche! This is my go-to breakfast because not only is it balanced, it’s just plain delicious! It’s filled to the brim with spinach, cheese, and sausage, making one slice incredibly filling. It’s packed with protein to help me feeling full all morning long – and I usually like to pair it with a handful of strawberries to double up on the fruits and veggies count to kick-start my day!
This recipe is super simple since I usually use a store-bought pie crust, but you could absolutely make your own crust! Just be sure to bake this on a foil-lined cookie sheet to account for any overflow and you’ll be set for breakfast all week long – even on those “my comforter made me sleep too late” kind of mornings 😉
Spinach and Sausage Quiche:
1 cup milk
5 cups spinach, finely chopped
1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
Salt and Pepper to taste
(1) 9″ Deep Dish Pie Crust (store-bought works great!)
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place the pie crust on top
- Cook and crumble breakfast sausage, set aside
- Finely chop spinach, and place in the bottom of the pie crust. Lay sausage crumbles on top of spinach
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper – pour egg mixture on top of spinach and sausage
- Bake for 45 minutes, then sprinkle cheese on top of quiche and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Cool completely, then cut into 6 slices and place in the fridge for breakfasts all week long!